POVRAY - Animations
- Create pan.ini and flame.pov using the code below. Save both files in the same directory on your hard drive.
- Run the INI file in PovRay and notice that several Bitmap images are created.
Modify the number of frames, image size, animation speed, and camera angle to your liking.
- Use IrfanView to convert all of your images to GIF's. To do this use the "Batch Conversion" option under the File menu.
- Use UnFreez to create a looping animation called anim1.gif.
- Add your animated GIF to week5.html. Upload these files to your FTP directory.
- Create anim.ini and anim.pov using the code below.
- Repeat steps 2 through 5 above to create a looping animation called anim2.gif.
- This week's project grade will be based mostly on this part of the exercise. Your goal here is
to make your instructor say "Wow!" really load and uncontrollably after seeing your creation.
- Create creative.ini and creative.pov that has either camera panning or object motion. Pick one of
the following ideas to get you started:
- Go through a list of example POV files on one of these newsgroups or websites:
- Or... Use the Insert menu in Povray to insert a Scene, Shapes, Camera, etc.
- Or... Load your observatory POV code. Add fog from the Insert -> Special Effects. Then use camera or object animations.
- Create an animated GIF named anim3.gif. Add your GIF, creative.ini and creative.pov files to your week5.html file.