Physics 343 – Advanced Electronics
Review for Exam III
Chapters 6 - Analysis of Sequential Systems
- State Tables and State Diagrams
- Set-Reset Flip-Flop
- Trigger Flip-Flop
- Clocked T Flip-Flop
- J-K Flip-Flop
- Be familiar with the next state equations for the 4 flip flops above
- Review the state diagram for a JK flip flop
- Review "Solved Problem 7" on page 400.
Chapters 7 - The Design of Sequential Systems
- Mealy and Moore Machines
- Know how to use a flip flop state diagram and Karnaugh maps to complete a truth table.
- Review "Solved Problem 3(a) [ii]" on page 470.
- Review "Solved Problem 6 [ii]" on page 475.
- Review "Solved Problem 9 (a)" on page 478.
How to Study
- Review the homework questions and class notes.
- Sketch the circuit symbols for each component discussed.
- Review some of the example problems in the chapter.
- Study each figure in the chapter and read their captions.