Review for Exam I
How to Study
- Use the "Example Tests" at the end of Chapters 1, 2 and 3 as a guide.
- There are "Sample Quizzes with Solutions" linked on the course home page.
- Review the homework questions and class notes.
- Know how to sketch the circuit symbols for each component discussed.
- Review some of the solved example problems in the chapter.
Chapters 1, 2, 3
- Binary, Hexadecimal, Octal and Decimal Conversion
- Binary Codes (8-4-2-1, 6-3-1-1, ASCII, etc.)
- Boolean Expressions
- Truth Tables
- Memorize Truth Tables and Circuit Symbols for the AND, NAND, OR, NOR, NOT, XOR, and the Equivalence Gates
- Know the Commutative Associative and Distributive Laws
- Know how to "multiply out" and factor Boolean expressions
- Know how to sketch the Logic Connection for a Boolean Expression
- Know how to write the Boolean Expression for a given Logic Connection
- De Morgan's Theorems and other theorems in the inside cover of your book
- Exclusive OR and Equivalence Operations
- Proving Validity of an Equation
- Conversion of English Sentences to Boolean Equations
- Know how to write expressions (minterm, numberic, SOP, POS)
- Karnaugh Maps